Department of Business Administration
Houston, the most populous city in Texas and the fourth largest city in the U.S., is also a global hub for many companies and business that operate in various active industries from energy to space science to health care services. That makes our communities strong economically, socially, politically, and culturally. These business organizations, both large and small, profit and nonprofit, need ethical managers who have integrity, good judgment, and civic mindedness. The Business Administration bachelor degree program at NAC, guided by the mission of the College, integrates these virtues throughout the program of study.
The 4-year Business Administration bachelor degree program provides our students with a high-quality education and prepares them to become proficient and responsible managers in which today’s business environment needs the most. Our graduates are acquainted with information related to the legal framework of the business world, technological improvements, and are well prepared for a changing business environment with a global perspective.
For a B.S. degree in Business Administration, students must complete 120 semester credit hours: 36 credits of general education, 54 credits of core courses, and 30 credits in electives 12 of which must be departmental elective courses.
The Business Administration program focuses on five areas of business specialization, including accounting, finance, management, marketing, and international business.
For details about program requirements click here.
- Prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills for a changing business environment and for contemporary business information systems.
- Provide students with analytic thinking skills and knowledge pertaining to global business environment.
- Provide students with opportunities to apply their knowledge and skills in real life business cases.
- Equip students with good oral and written communication skills that enable them to express themselves and present their materials well.
- Provide students with an awareness of legal framework and ethical principles.