North American College
Federal school code 041795 for FAFSA
The Financial Aid Office is committed to providing a financial package to all admitted students during their course of study. The services of the Financial Aid Office include but are not limited to:
- assisting students with various financial aid sources
- organizing Financial Aid Workshops for interested candidates, to increase their awareness of all financial support available to them
- helping students apply for financial aid and fulfill the requirements for continuation of aid.
Students should contact the Financial Aid Office to learn how they can seek financial aid, and/or find scholarships.
Financial Aid Advisor
North American College participates in the Federal Student Aid (FSA) program offered by the US Department of Education (ED). Need-based aid is provided to students in the form of grants and loans as well as work and study programs. To receive federal financial aid a student needs to apply for FAFSA (Free Application for Financial Aid). The North American College federal school code is 041795. Please make sure to list our school code in your application.
The following provides you with steps for applying for FAFSA to receive Financial Aid.
Step 1. CHECK ELIGIBILITY
Eligibility for Federal Financial Aid:
To be eligible to receive federal student aid, you must meet certain
requirements. You must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or eligible noncitizen
- Be registered with Selective Service if you are male (see www.sss.gov for
- Be attending a participating school (North American College is a
- Be working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program
(North American College bachelor degrees are approved as eligible programs)
- Be making satisfactory academic progress (The student should show
academic progress by attending classes and graduating from the College
within a period of at most 6 years)
- You must not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a
federal education loan
- You must have financial need (except for unsubsidized Stafford Loans)
- You must not have any drug convictions that affect your current
Other requirements may apply. Contact the financial aid office at your
college for more information.
Please also visit HERE for details:
Step 2. APPLY FOR A PIN
To be able to sign your FAFSA application online you should apply for a
PIN. For this you need to visit www.pin.ed.gov which is a secure federal
Step 3. COMPLETE THE FAFSA FORM
You will need your own and your parents' tax forms to complete the FAFSA. Make sure to add our school code on your application.
Please log into the FAFSA website which is a secure website:
www.fafsa.gov and click on the picture where it reads "START HERE".
Fill out the steps and sign it with your newly created PIN.
Step 4. VERIFICATION
Some students are randomly selected for a review process called
verification. A selected student with a star (*) mark next to the EFC
received from the US Department of Education will be notified by the
College FA office. The student should submit the following documents to the
College Financial Aid Office.
Forms required if the student is DEPENDENT applicant:
i. A verification form signed by the student and the parent. Please click
HERE for a blank verification form. Simply print a paper copy and fill it
ii. Tax documents (Form 1040) of the student and the parent for the 2012 year.
Forms required if the student is INDEPENDENT applicant:
i. a verification form signed by the student. Please click HERE for a blank
verification form. Simply print a paper copy and fill it out.
ii. Tax documents (Form 1040) of the student for the 2012 tax year.