1. Safe and responsible environment
2. Location, location, location
3. Greater Houston metropolitan area
4. Focus on global cultural competency
5. Our Faculty have terminal degrees
6. A personalized learning environment
North American University is a small university located in a diverse, metropolitan city full of opportunities. Here at North American University students receive personal attention and find many options for social engagement. Our student body represents the best of the United States of America and the world in diversity. Our faculty is highly qualified with doctorate degrees in their fields and a vast body of professional experience.
NAU is a private, non-profit, full-service college offering baccalaureate degree programs in three disciplines with several concentrations. We are located in north Houston, 8 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport, and 10 miles from Houston downtown. NAU offers a student-centered learning environment where every student is valued and provided with opportunities to grow.
As an institution of higher learning committed to global cultural competency, North American University offers a unique educational experience to our diverse student body, and our custom-designed learning programs provide excellent opportunities to prepare for a globalized professional world where cultural competency is a great asset.
Our teacher-scholars value every student and reflect the core values of the college. Our community engagement programs offer excellent opportunities to get involved in the civic life of Houston and apply skills learned in the classroom in social settings.
Top Reasons to Choose North American University
Our students come from Texas, from around the nation and from over 30 countries around the world. Why do our students choose NAU?
- School Environment: NAU campus life is designed to provide the most conducive environment for academic excellence, professional and personal development. North American University administration, faculty and staff are committed to providing a safe and responsible environment for all students.
- Location: NAU is located in north part of the Houston metropolitan area, one of the most diverse cities. Houston is home to one of the world’s best medical centers, NASA, a thriving museum and art district, and the Rodeo Ranks among the best destinations for career-minded (future) professionals, entrepreneurs, managers, leaders.
- Diversity: Greater Houston metropolitan area where 72 languages are spoken everyday and offers great opportunities for putting learning into practice through internships, volunteerism, and engagement in civic organizations. Turkish, Azeri, Kazakh, Albanian, Indonesian, Indian, Pakistani, Nigerian, Vietnamese, etc. organizations. NAU focuses on global cultural competency.
- Faculty: Our Faculty have doctorates degrees (PhDs where applicable) in their fields obtained from reputable institutions of the United States. They cherish core college values and combine the best of research experience and practical professional experience. We also have a great student to faculty ratio.
- Student Organizations: Student clubs and organizations, sports programs, experiences, opportunities. Live on campus (upcoming), work on campus (for those eligible). Enjoy social activities on campus.
- Accreditation: North American University is authorized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) as an institution of higher learning and is accredited to award baccalaureate degrees by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education [www.acics.org].
The Computer Science degree program represents an area of special need for residents of the State of Texas, and is one of the top academic-track choices for international students.
NAU administration and faculty members bring strong industrial expertise in academics and business to each educational program. NAU’s administrators and faculty members have held responsible positions in the software industry and collaborated closely with companies in academy-industry partnerships. They have also involved industry representatives in their higher education activities such as guest lectures, internships, curriculum development projects, collaborative grant proposals and patent applications. The NAU computer science program is designed to respond to industry needs and vision by offering world-class knowledge and skill programs.
Houston is home to a number of flagship institutions such as Texas Instruments, BP, Schlumberger, Dell, HP-Compaq, and a number of hospitals in the Texas Medical Center. These institutions’ need for interns and professional employees creates job opportunities for NAU nstudents once they complete training in software engineering, computer networks, and hardware engineering.
The vision of the Business Administration program at North American University is to become the Houston metro area’s educational gateway to the world. This means offering superior international learning experiences to domestic and foreign students. Foundation representatives signed collaborative agreements with over 70 agencies in 27 countries. We have met with representatives from several institutions of higher education and agreed to collaborate for student exchange upon accreditation of our degree program in Business Administration. These institutions are in the following continents and countries:
• South America
The Business Administration program’s goal is to provide students with an educational experience in the business culture. Working with recruitment agents and institutions of higher learning, we see a growing interest in study opportunities in the U.S. on a campus with a diverse student body and faculty.
7. Opportunities: The high enrollment of international students reflects our vision of becoming Houston’s educational gateway to the world. We believe American students will benefit from interaction with international students, and oversea opportunities made available to them. Texas Gulf Institute will bring a new approach and perspective to international business administration education to Houston.